Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri September 3, 2004
Frances Moves Toward Alabama
By Alabama Public Radio
Undated – Alabamians are keeping and eye on Hurricane Frances. The long-range forecast track (as of Friday afternoon) brings the storm to south Alabama by Monday evening. By Tuesday morning, what's left of the storm could be in north Alabama. Although the track is difficult to predict, Bill Williams, the Director of the Coastal Weather Research Center at the University of South Alabama, says the state will feel the storm's effects. Meteorologists predict the storm will likely be downgraded to a tropical storm or even a depression before it moves through Alabama early next week.