Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Former Congressman-Mayor's Race
Fri June 27, 2014
Former Rep. Davis considers Montgomery mayor race
Former U.S Rep. Arthur Davis is considering a move back to his hometown of Montgomery and possibly a run for mayor in 2015.
Davis told al.com that he has been talking to old friends in Montgomery about the city's future and will have something specific to say in July. Davis said local government is the one place where elected officials have a chance to get something done. He said Washington is the place where good ideas go to die.
Davis spent eight years in Congress representing Alabama's 7th Congressional District. He lost the 2010 Democratic primary for governor. Then he moved to northern Virginia and became got involved in Republican politics.
Davis To Address GOP