Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Fri April 2, 2004
Former Congressional Candidate Fined
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – Former congressional candidate Joe Turnham has been fined two-thousand dollars for accepting excessive campaign contributions.
The excessive contributions came from political action committees affiliated with US House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. The Federal Election Commission has also ordered Turnham to pay five-thousand dollars from his campaign fund to the U-S Treasury.
PAC to the Future and Team Majority, both of which are associated with Pelosi, were fined 21-thousand dollars for making the excessive contributions to Turnam's campaign and those of two other Democrats ... Julie Thomas of Iowa and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, who were also fined.
Turnham lost to Republican Mike Rogers in 2002 for the 3rd Congressional District seat.