Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri April 2, 2004
Former Congressional Candidate Fined
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – Former congressional candidate Joe Turnham has been fined two-thousand dollars for accepting excessive campaign contributions.
The excessive contributions came from political action committees affiliated with US House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. The Federal Election Commission has also ordered Turnham to pay five-thousand dollars from his campaign fund to the U-S Treasury.
PAC to the Future and Team Majority, both of which are associated with Pelosi, were fined 21-thousand dollars for making the excessive contributions to Turnam's campaign and those of two other Democrats ... Julie Thomas of Iowa and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, who were also fined.
Turnham lost to Republican Mike Rogers in 2002 for the 3rd Congressional District seat.