Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon January 24, 2005
Former Bama Booster on Trial
By Alabama Public Radio
Memphis, TN – Jury selection began Monday in Memphis for a former University of Alabama booster who's charged with influencing a football player. Logan Young is charged with paying 150 thousand dollars to former Memphis high school coach Lynn Lang. Prosecutors say Lang then convinced his star player -- Albert Means -- to attend the University of Alabama in 2000. Means left Alabama after one year and finished his career at the University of Memphis. He has never been accused of wrongdoing in the case. Meanwhile, Lang is awaiting sentencing and is expected to testify against Young.