Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Politics & Government
Wed August 22, 2012
Former Al. Governor Appealing Prison Sentence
Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman is appealing his prison sentence three weeks before he is scheduled to report to federal prison to complete a more than six-year sentence in a government corruption case. Siegelman's attorney filed the notice yesterday in U.S. District Court in Montgomery saying the former governor is appealing the sentencing to the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.