Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Politics & Government
Wed August 22, 2012
Former Al. Governor Appealing Prison Sentence
Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman is appealing his prison sentence three weeks before he is scheduled to report to federal prison to complete a more than six-year sentence in a government corruption case. Siegelman's attorney filed the notice yesterday in U.S. District Court in Montgomery saying the former governor is appealing the sentencing to the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.