Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Alabama Coast-Flood Threat
Fri May 9, 2014
Forecasters Say More Flooding Possible On Ala. Coast
More rain and the chance of floods are headed toward southwest Alabama, which is still drying out from a deluge last week.
The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch from Friday afternoon through Sunday for an area that includes Mobile and the tourist towns of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Forecasters say rainfall amounts of 1 inch to 3 inches are expected, and some areas could receive as much as 7 inches of rain.
The same region got as much as 2 feet of rain last week and the ground is still saturated with water. The weather service says that only increases the chances for additional flooding this week.
Baldwin County emergency officials say more than 1,400 homes were flooded during heavy rains last week.