Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri July 20, 2012
Ford Issues Recall
Originally published on Fri July 20, 2012 1:42 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a recall from Ford.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: A recall from Ford Motor Company comes with a strong and unusual message. If you own a certain 2013 model of the Ford Escape, the company says stop driving it. Ford issued this warning yesterday and said dealers will come pick up the SUVs from owners and drop off a loaner car.
The issue here is the fuel line. Ford says on Escapes with a 1.6-liter, four-cylinder engine, the fuel lines can crack and spill gasoline which can cause engine fires. The recall affects more than 11,000 vehicles in the U.S. and Canada, though more than half of them are still on dealer lots. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.