Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Wed July 18, 2012
Following Up On Tuesday's Feline Mayor Story
Originally published on Wed July 18, 2012 8:57 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The media couldn't resist the tale of Stubbs the Cat celebrating his 15th year as honorary mayor of Talkeetna, that's the Alaska town that bills itself as the model for the quirky community in TV's "Northern Exposure." Many of us reported that Stubbs was elected as a write-in when the human candidates fell short. Not true. The tiny town has no real mayor, so there was no election, which actually means that Stubbs the cat is probably mayor for life. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.