Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Thu September 27, 2012
Florida Police Arrest Inebriated Horse Rider
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. After a few drinks, Charles Cowart decided to relieve himself in public. Police were called, and Cowart fled, galloping through a Florida town, snarling traffic and forcing a train to be stopped when he ventured onto the railroad tracks. Why was it so hard for the cops to catch up with him? Well, he was on horseback. Cowart's mounted escapade ended when back-up arrived. His dad. His father knocked him off the horse and police took him into custody. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.