Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon November 4, 2013
Flights Resume At Birmingham Airport After Threat
Flights were scheduled to depart on time from Birmingham's airport one day after a note found in a restroom led to diverted flights and a two-hour evacuation of hundreds of passengers.
Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport's website on Monday showed that flights were arriving and departing as scheduled.
The airport reopened Sunday evening after an airport employee found the note and turned it over to police. Airport authority spokeswoman Toni Bast said bomb squads swept the terminal but found nothing. She said about a dozen flights were either delayed or diverted.
FBI spokesman Paul Daymond said the agency's bomb technicians worked with local police to investigate.