Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 23, 2004
Five Inducted Into Alabama Academy of Honor
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Bob Riley describes them as "people who make the great state of Alabama so great." Five Alabamians were inducted into the Alabama Academy of Honor in Montgomery Monday. Bill Cabannis is America's ambassador to the Czech Republic. Cathy Randall directs the computer based honors program at the University of Alabama. Cameron Vowell is a well-known environmental crusader. Hal Thompson is the former C-E-O of Thompson Tractor, and Mike Warren is the C-E-O of Energen Corporation. The Alabama Academy of Honor recognizes 100 living Alabamians and all living Alabama governors for their contributions to the state.