Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu August 30, 2012
First and Main
As candidates ramp up their campaigns for November's presidential election, swing states may determine the outcome.
In the First And Main series, Morning Edition hosts travel to communities in battleground states - in fact, battleground counties - across the country to find out what's foremost on people's minds in this election season.
A report came from Winnebago County, Wisconsin where farmer Charlie Knigge says, "I'm not a big fan of how big the government's gotten or how many people are living off the government now."
Another mixes BBQ and politics in Florida.
It is a great series that travels all over the country, with interesting personalities all around. More profiles from battleground states will air this fall on Morning Edition.