Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tuscaloosa Co. Superintendent
Tue April 2, 2013
Finalists Vie for Superintendent in Tuscaloosa Co.
Tuscaloosa County school board members plan to interview five finalists for superintendent by next week.
Kendy Behrends, a consultant with the Alabama Association of School Boards, which conducted the search, identified the finalists at Monday's school board meeting.
The Tuscaloosa News reports (http://bit.ly/10unlZ1) that finalists include:
—Walter Davie, the deputy superintendent of the Tuscaloosa County School System.
—Valya Lee, an executive consultant for EducTrax who has been superintendent of Twiggs County Schools in Georgia.
—Brenda Rickett, a former Tuscaloosa city and county school system employee who has been the assistant superintendent for the Opelika School System since 2007.
—Elizabeth Swinford, superintendent of the Vicksburg Warren School District in Mississippi.
—Lawrence Vickers, the superintendent of the Saraland City School System since 2009.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.