Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tuscaloosa Co. Superintendent
Tue April 2, 2013
Finalists Vie for Superintendent in Tuscaloosa Co.
Tuscaloosa County school board members plan to interview five finalists for superintendent by next week.
Kendy Behrends, a consultant with the Alabama Association of School Boards, which conducted the search, identified the finalists at Monday's school board meeting.
The Tuscaloosa News reports (http://bit.ly/10unlZ1) that finalists include:
—Walter Davie, the deputy superintendent of the Tuscaloosa County School System.
—Valya Lee, an executive consultant for EducTrax who has been superintendent of Twiggs County Schools in Georgia.
—Brenda Rickett, a former Tuscaloosa city and county school system employee who has been the assistant superintendent for the Opelika School System since 2007.
—Elizabeth Swinford, superintendent of the Vicksburg Warren School District in Mississippi.
—Lawrence Vickers, the superintendent of the Saraland City School System since 2009.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.