Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed June 11, 2014
Fewer Sharks Off Ala. Coast, Warning Dropped
The city of Orange Beach has dropped its shark warning and is letting people back in the water.
The fire department says the latest aerial observations show only a few sharks in the water near Perdido Pass.
That's normal for this time of year, and authorities say visitors can now get back in the Gulf.
Double red flags had been flying since Sunday because dozens of sharks were cruising the water just off the beach.
Officials say the number of sharks in the area has decreased significantly.