Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Wed June 11, 2014
Fewer Sharks Off Ala. Coast, Warning Dropped
The city of Orange Beach has dropped its shark warning and is letting people back in the water.
The fire department says the latest aerial observations show only a few sharks in the water near Perdido Pass.
That's normal for this time of year, and authorities say visitors can now get back in the Gulf.
Double red flags had been flying since Sunday because dozens of sharks were cruising the water just off the beach.
Officials say the number of sharks in the area has decreased significantly.