Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Wed June 11, 2014
Fewer Sharks Off Ala. Coast, Warning Dropped
The city of Orange Beach has dropped its shark warning and is letting people back in the water.
The fire department says the latest aerial observations show only a few sharks in the water near Perdido Pass.
That's normal for this time of year, and authorities say visitors can now get back in the Gulf.
Double red flags had been flying since Sunday because dozens of sharks were cruising the water just off the beach.
Officials say the number of sharks in the area has decreased significantly.