Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Severe Weather Aid
Fri June 27, 2014
FEMA Extends Deadline For Seeking Aid In Alabama
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended the deadline until July 15 for Alabama residents to register for assistance if they were affected by the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that hit the state in late April.
Alabama Emergency Management Agency Director Art Faulkner said Friday the governor requested a two-week extension and FEMA approved it. The deadline for loan applications to the U.S. Small Business Administration has also been extended to July 15.
Disaster victims may apply online at: www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362.
Science & Health