Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Severe Weather Aid
Fri June 27, 2014
FEMA Extends Deadline For Seeking Aid In Alabama
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended the deadline until July 15 for Alabama residents to register for assistance if they were affected by the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that hit the state in late April.
Alabama Emergency Management Agency Director Art Faulkner said Friday the governor requested a two-week extension and FEMA approved it. The deadline for loan applications to the U.S. Small Business Administration has also been extended to July 15.
Disaster victims may apply online at: www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362.
Science & Health