Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Severe Weather Aid
Fri June 27, 2014
FEMA Extends Deadline For Seeking Aid In Alabama
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended the deadline until July 15 for Alabama residents to register for assistance if they were affected by the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that hit the state in late April.
Alabama Emergency Management Agency Director Art Faulkner said Friday the governor requested a two-week extension and FEMA approved it. The deadline for loan applications to the U.S. Small Business Administration has also been extended to July 15.
Disaster victims may apply online at: www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362.
Science & Health