Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Around the Nation
Tue April 22, 2014
Feds Say Powdered Alcohol Not Ready Yet
Originally published on Tue April 22, 2014 11:34 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Stop the presses, as they used to say before news was spread by Twitter. You will not be making drinks with powdered alcohol yet. We reported yesterday on plans to sell Palcohol mixed drinks to which, like lemonade, you just add water. Now federal regulators say stop, they were wrong to say Palcohol was ready for market. A federal approval for the label was given in error. The company must have a drink and start again.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.