Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Science & Health
Fri July 18, 2014
Feds Release Review of Huntsville VA Clinic
Federal inspectors have issued a report on a Huntsville veterans' outpatient clinic saying administrators didn't properly document opioid medication management or document and respond to patients' abnormal test results.
The Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General issued a report Thursday outlining recommendations for improving oversight at the facility. Investigators recommended that clinic officials notify patients of their test results within a defined timeframe, ensure that a pain management policy is implemented and more.
Inspectors say they were reviewing the clinic as the result of 10 patients complaining of questionable practices at the facility.
Investigators say they couldn't substantiate claims of substandard care and allegations that clinic officials inappropriately shredded non-VA medical documents.