Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu January 24, 2013
Feature Reporting-- Remembering 1992
On the eve of the 2012 BCS College Football championship game in New Orleans, a group of Alabamians in their early forties looked back on a similar accomplishment. 2012 was the twentieth anniversary of the Crimson Tide’s title winning season under Coach Gene Stallings. APR’s Pat Duggins spoke with fans of the 1992 Alabama team, as well as former players Prince Wimbley, Martin Houston, and Dennis Deason. They won the championship in New Orleans over Miami, and all voiced concerns over the Tide’s upcoming game against the Louisiana State University Tigers, who was Alabama’s nemesis, even in 1992.