Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue March 4, 2014
FCC To Fine TV Companies For Misuse Of Emergency Alert System
By Joel Rose
Originally published on Tue March 4, 2014 7:04 am
The Federal Communications Commission has proposed fines of nearly $2 million against Viacom, ESPN and NBCUniversal for broadcasting an ad that misuses the warning sounds of the emergency system.