Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 2, 2004
Faulty Wiring to Blame in Fuller House Fire
By Alabama Public Radio
LaFayette, AL – Authorities say the fire that damaged the home of Congressional nominee Bill Fuller was caused by faulty electrical wiring. Friday's fire at his LaFayette home has been ruled at an accident. Fuller is a former commissioner of the state Department of Human Resources and a former state representative. He's now trying to replace Republican incumbent Representative Mike Rogers in the Third Congressional District. The house also served as Fuller's campaign headquarters and law office. Officials say it was heavily damaged. Fuller has set up a temporary headquarters in downtown LaFayette in donated office space.