Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed January 8, 2014
Faulkner University President To Retire In 2015
The president of Faulkner University has announced plans to retire after nearly three decades in the position.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports Billy D. Hilyer announced Tuesday that he'll retire May 31, 2015, which is at the end of the 2014-2015 academic year. Hilyer has been president of the university for 28 years.
Hilyer's career with the university began in 1974 as a part-time counselor.
Chairman of the university's board of trustees, John W. Hill, says a search committee to find the school's next president has already been formed.
Hilyer plans to work as university chancellor after he steps down from the presidency.