Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed January 8, 2014
Faulkner University President To Retire In 2015
The president of Faulkner University has announced plans to retire after nearly three decades in the position.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports Billy D. Hilyer announced Tuesday that he'll retire May 31, 2015, which is at the end of the 2014-2015 academic year. Hilyer has been president of the university for 28 years.
Hilyer's career with the university began in 1974 as a part-time counselor.
Chairman of the university's board of trustees, John W. Hill, says a search committee to find the school's next president has already been formed.
Hilyer plans to work as university chancellor after he steps down from the presidency.