Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed October 13, 2004
Famous Doctors May Change Hospitals
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Some nationally recognized doctors may be changing hospitals. Orthopedic surgeons James Andrews and Larry Lemak are well known for treating professional and amateur athletes. They and other doctors at Alabama Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Birmingham currently practice at the HealthSouth Medical Center in Birmingham. They have now applied to join the medical staff at Saint Vincent's Hospital. HealthSouth is building a 300 million dollar hospital to replace the building where the doctors now practice. The company is trying to sell it or find someone else to operate it.