Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Business & Education
Mon February 18, 2013
Experts on Electric Power Restoration Meet in Ala.
Experts on restoring electric power after natural disasters are gathering in Birmingham on Monday and Tuesday to share their best practices.
A spokesman for Alabama Power Co. says experts in storm recovery from nearly 30 electric utilities are scheduled to attend the meeting.
Alabama Power's vice president of distribution, Danny Glover, is co-chair of the meeting along with Keith Hull, who is vice president of distribution at Texas-based Oncor. The meeting is being conducted by an association of electric utilities from across the nation.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.