Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Sun May 19, 2013
Eufaula Restaurant Wins Alabama BBQ Sauce Contest
A restaurant from Eufaula has won Alabama's BBQ Sauce-Off Championship.
A panel of judges picked Phil's BBQ as the best sauce during a tasting Saturday in Birmingham. Phil's was one of four regional winners that ended up in the state contest organized by the Alabama Tourism Department.
Contest Coordinator Brian Jones said Alabama has a great barbecue culture and the Tourism Department is highlighting it during its Year of Alabama Food promotion.
The contest began with 34 sauces. The four finalists in addition to Phil's were LawLers from Athens, Costas from Birmingham and Viper from Fairhope.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.