Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Arts & Life
Sun May 19, 2013
Eufaula Restaurant Wins Alabama BBQ Sauce Contest
A restaurant from Eufaula has won Alabama's BBQ Sauce-Off Championship.
A panel of judges picked Phil's BBQ as the best sauce during a tasting Saturday in Birmingham. Phil's was one of four regional winners that ended up in the state contest organized by the Alabama Tourism Department.
Contest Coordinator Brian Jones said Alabama has a great barbecue culture and the Tourism Department is highlighting it during its Year of Alabama Food promotion.
The contest began with 34 sauces. The four finalists in addition to Phil's were LawLers from Athens, Costas from Birmingham and Viper from Fairhope.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.