Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Sun May 19, 2013
Eufaula Restaurant Wins Alabama BBQ Sauce Contest
A restaurant from Eufaula has won Alabama's BBQ Sauce-Off Championship.
A panel of judges picked Phil's BBQ as the best sauce during a tasting Saturday in Birmingham. Phil's was one of four regional winners that ended up in the state contest organized by the Alabama Tourism Department.
Contest Coordinator Brian Jones said Alabama has a great barbecue culture and the Tourism Department is highlighting it during its Year of Alabama Food promotion.
The contest began with 34 sauces. The four finalists in addition to Phil's were LawLers from Athens, Costas from Birmingham and Viper from Fairhope.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.