Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri April 9, 2004
EPA Approves Incinerator Emissions
By Alabama Public Radio
Anniston, AL – The Environmental Protection Agency is satisfied with the way the Anniston Army Depot is incinerating dangerous rockets. The E-P-A has granted the facility permission to continue incinerating rockets filled with the deadly sarin nerve agent. The environmental agency graded the Depot's ability to remove P-C-Bs from its stack emissions. The rockets' shipping and firing tubes contain small amounts of P-C-Bs. Project manager Tim Garrett says the decision allows the incinerator to begin destroying M-55 rockets and sarin at half its maximum capability.