Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 12, 2004
Emergency Landing at Montgomery Airport
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The Montgomery Regional Airport resumed operations Monday after temporarily shutting down. Airport officials closed the airport after a small plane made an emergency landing. The nose gear of the King Air turboprop collapsed, and the pilot was forced to make a hard landing. The plane skidded a short distance but did not catch fire. Rescue workers were called, but the three people on board were not hurt. It happened around 12 o'clock. The airport shut down about an hour and a half.