Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 4, 2003
Election Day in Alabama
By Alabama Public Radio
Undated – Several municipalities are holding elections and referenda Tuesday. A Sunday liquor sale issue is on the ballot in Baldwin County. If it passes, it would allow beer and wine to be sold at convenience and grocery stores on Sundays. Four city council seats will be determined in Montgomery, and voters in Birmingham will elect their new mayor. Tallapoosa County residents will vote on a seven-mill ad valorem tax, while Chilton County voters will consider a sales tax increase. Voters in Macon County will decide whether to legalize bingo games. Polls opened at seven o'clock Tuesday morning and will close at seven Tuesday night.