Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed October 29, 2003
Eight Wounded in Baghdad Explosion
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – There is a report that the car bomb attack on a Baghdad police station that killed an Alabama soldier Monday also wounded eight other Alabama guard troops. The list includes: Army Sergeant Kenneth Frazier of Auburn; Specialist Joseph Darden of Opelika; Specialist Roosevelt Ross of Montgomery; Specialist Booker Pitts of Montgomery; Sergeant Johnny Echols of Auburn; Specialist Octarious Dawkins of Phenix City; Private First Class Roger Brown of Auburn; and Staff Sergeant James Collins of Montgomery. The blast killed Sergeant Aubrey Bell of Tuskegee. Some of the soldiers were airlifted to a military hospital in Germany. All were assigned to the 214th Military Police Company based in Alexander City.