Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue July 27, 2004
East Alabama Residents Warned of DHR Imposters
By Alabama Public Radio
Anniston, Alabama – Residents in the Anniston and Lincoln areas are being warned of individuals pretending to work for the Alabama Department of Human Resources. Calhoun County D-H-R Director John James says in at least two recent cases, individuals have visited homes claiming to work for D-H-R. In one incident, the fake D-H-R worker said they were there to remove the children from the home. In another case, two people approached a home and said they were there to look into a child abuse report. James says residents should ask anyone claiming to be from D-H-R to present an identification card.