Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed May 22, 2013
Earning News Sends Home Depot Stock Higher
Originally published on Wed May 22, 2013 8:29 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with Home Depot raising the roof.
Home Depot got a boost from the housing recovery in its first-quarter net income. It rose 18 percent; that exceeds expectations. The company acknowledged yesterday that while cool and wet spring weather had a negative impact on some of Home Depot's seasonal business, its core business stayed strong.
Home Depot's stock price rose by 2.5 percent with the news. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.