Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
APR News Reports
Fri June 8, 2012
Dr. Don Williamson Discussing Ala. Medicaid Budget Cuts
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – It's been one week since cuts to the state's Medicaid budget took effect. A dire budget shortfall prompted state lawmakers to make spending cuts. Dr. Don Williamson is Alabama's public health officer and is also chair of the Medicaid Transition task force. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez talked to Wiliamson about the short term and long term impact of the cuts as well as how to fix Medicaid going forward.