Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Sat June 8, 2013
Dothan doctor head of Alabama Medical Association
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A Dothan doctor is the new president of the state's largest medical association. Dr. Michael T. Flanagan is now heading the Medical Association of the State of Alabama. Flanagan is an anesthesiologist and director of the Southeast Pain Management Center at Southeast Alabama Medical Center. Flanagan also has served on the two state boards that regulate doctors, the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners and the Medical Licensure Commission of Alabama. The state medical association is the largest and oldest organization representing doctors in Alabama.