Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Arts & Life
Sat June 8, 2013
Dothan doctor head of Alabama Medical Association
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A Dothan doctor is the new president of the state's largest medical association. Dr. Michael T. Flanagan is now heading the Medical Association of the State of Alabama. Flanagan is an anesthesiologist and director of the Southeast Pain Management Center at Southeast Alabama Medical Center. Flanagan also has served on the two state boards that regulate doctors, the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners and the Medical Licensure Commission of Alabama. The state medical association is the largest and oldest organization representing doctors in Alabama.