Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Sat June 8, 2013
Dothan doctor head of Alabama Medical Association
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A Dothan doctor is the new president of the state's largest medical association. Dr. Michael T. Flanagan is now heading the Medical Association of the State of Alabama. Flanagan is an anesthesiologist and director of the Southeast Pain Management Center at Southeast Alabama Medical Center. Flanagan also has served on the two state boards that regulate doctors, the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners and the Medical Licensure Commission of Alabama. The state medical association is the largest and oldest organization representing doctors in Alabama.