Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Around the Nation
Tue July 17, 2012
Don't Try This At Home: Gun As A TV Remote
Originally published on Tue July 17, 2012 11:17 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Salem, Oregon police say a man turned off his TV using a different kind of remote - he was playing with a gun. He aimed the laser scope at the TV and pulled the trigger and discovered the gun was loaded. Nobody was hurt but neighbors called police about the bullet that came through their wall.
All of this brings to mind a firing range owner in Virginia who showed me a gun years ago. I asked where the safety was. He pointed to his head and said right here. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.