Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
- Granade Clarifies Ruling, Birmingham to Remove Confederate Monument
Politics & Government
Sun September 30, 2012
District Attorney Retiring From 35th Circuit
The district attorney prosecuting cases in Monroe and Conecuh counties will soon retire.
Tommy Chapman will step down Monday from his post as district attorney for the 35th Judicial Circuit. Gov. Robert Bentley has appointed Chapman's chief assistant, Steve Wadlington, to fill the remainder of Chapman's term.
Gov. Guy Hunt first appointed Chapman as the local district attorney in 1990. He was re-elected four times.
The Mobile Press-Register (http://bit.ly/QpuPHs ) reports that Wadlington will be sworn into office during a ceremony Monday morning.
Information from: Press-Register, http://www.al.com/press-register/
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press