Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Sat November 24, 2012
Distance No Problem for Ala. Black Friday Shoppers
Distance was no object for Alabama shoppers looking for the best Black Friday deals.
The Sprinkle family traveled almost 200 miles from the Mobile County town of Coden to Montgomery on a trip that combined three favorite family activities — football, hunting and shopping.
For 55-year-old John Sprinkle of Coden the shopping was fine as he and family members found most of the items on their lists as they strolled from store to store at Montgomery's Eastdale Mall. The shopping was mixed in between some hunting and plans Saturday by some family members to attend the football game between Alabama and Auburn.
The Sprinkle family was among thousands that visited shopping areas across the state Friday.
Traffic was heavy around the massive Riverchase Galleria mall in suburban Birmingham.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.