Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu October 21, 2004
Dispute Continues Over ADEM Director
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The state's chief environmental regulator has declared himself the acting director of the state environmental agency...one day after being fired. Jim Warr was dismissed by the Alabama Environmental Management Commission Tuesday. He wrote members Wednesday claiming that he is the acting director of ADEM. Warr did have a right to claim a state Merit System job as deputy director if he lost his job as director of the department. And as deputy director, he wrote, he automatically becomes acting director during a vacancy. The Commission had already named Marilyn Elliott acting director Tuesday. Elliott was previously deputy director of the department.