Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu May 2, 2013
Discussion Begins In Alabama House On Gun Bill
The Alabama House has begun debate on a bill that allows gun owners to carry a pistol in their vehicle.
Hartselle Republican Ed Henry says the bill's purpose is to protect the rights of citizens to carry arms.
Some of the supporters expressed concern that President Obama is using recent shootings at schools and other public shootings as a reason to pass legislation reducing the rights of Americans to bear arms.
Some opponents of the bill argue it changes the rules in midstream considering that most workers were hired under a law that prohibits employees from having a loaded weapon concealed in their vehicle.