Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu May 2, 2013
Discussion Begins In Alabama House On Gun Bill
The Alabama House has begun debate on a bill that allows gun owners to carry a pistol in their vehicle.
Hartselle Republican Ed Henry says the bill's purpose is to protect the rights of citizens to carry arms.
Some of the supporters expressed concern that President Obama is using recent shootings at schools and other public shootings as a reason to pass legislation reducing the rights of Americans to bear arms.
Some opponents of the bill argue it changes the rules in midstream considering that most workers were hired under a law that prohibits employees from having a loaded weapon concealed in their vehicle.