Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
Thu May 2, 2013
Discussion Begins In Alabama House On Gun Bill
The Alabama House has begun debate on a bill that allows gun owners to carry a pistol in their vehicle.
Hartselle Republican Ed Henry says the bill's purpose is to protect the rights of citizens to carry arms.
Some of the supporters expressed concern that President Obama is using recent shootings at schools and other public shootings as a reason to pass legislation reducing the rights of Americans to bear arms.
Some opponents of the bill argue it changes the rules in midstream considering that most workers were hired under a law that prohibits employees from having a loaded weapon concealed in their vehicle.