Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 27, 2004
Disaster Recovery Center Locations
By Alabama Public Radio
South Alabama – Two more disaster recovery centers have opened in south Alabama. Federal and state emergency management agencies opened one at the Monroe County Department of Human Resources Building in Monroeville. The other is at the Community House in Gulf Shores. Alabama now has eight disaster recovery centers operating. The others include: the Alabama Port Fire Department in Coden, the Saraland Civic Center, the former Fred's store in Atmore, the Escambia County Agricultural Science Center in Brewton, the Loxley Civic Center, and the Evergreen Fire Station. State, federal and volunteer agencies are staffing the centers. Loan officers from the Small Business Administration also are there.