Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Around the Nation
Fri July 19, 2013
Detroit Files Nation's Largest-Ever Municipal Bankruptcy
Originally published on Fri July 19, 2013 5:00 am
Detroit has become the biggest American city ever to file for bankruptcy, seeking Chapter 9 protection from creditors and unions owed some $18.5 billion in debt and liabilities. What's ahead for debt-ridden Detroit? Quinn Klinefelter WDET.