Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Fri July 19, 2013
Detroit Files Nation's Largest-Ever Municipal Bankruptcy
Originally published on Fri July 19, 2013 5:00 am
Detroit has become the biggest American city ever to file for bankruptcy, seeking Chapter 9 protection from creditors and unions owed some $18.5 billion in debt and liabilities. What's ahead for debt-ridden Detroit? Quinn Klinefelter WDET.