Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 8, 2004
Deployment Ceremonies Planned for Tuesday
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Dozens of Alabama Army National Guard soldiers are preparing for duty in Iraq, and they're scheduled to begin their journey Tuesday. A Guard spokesperson says deployment ceremonies are planned in Selma and Troy. Eighty members of the Headquarters, 122nd Corps Support Group will say their goodbyes at 8:30 A-M at Fort W-W Quarles in Selma. Another ceremony will be held in Troy for 120 soldiers assigned to the Headquarters, Third Battalion 117th Field Artillery. That event will begin at 10 A-M at the Fort Ralph W- Adams. The public is invited to attend the ceremonies.