Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed September 4, 2013
Delta Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Birmingham
A Delta Airlines flight from New Orleans to Atlanta has been diverted to Birmingham because of a report of smoke in the cockpit.
Delta Flight 2234 was just east of Montgomery when pilots aborted the flight plan and made an emergency landing at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. The plane landed safely at about 3 p.m. Television station ABC33/40 reported emergency crews inspected the plane and didn't find any smoke or other signs of fire on the aircraft.
No one was injured in the incident.