Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed September 4, 2013
Delta Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Birmingham
A Delta Airlines flight from New Orleans to Atlanta has been diverted to Birmingham because of a report of smoke in the cockpit.
Delta Flight 2234 was just east of Montgomery when pilots aborted the flight plan and made an emergency landing at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. The plane landed safely at about 3 p.m. Television station ABC33/40 reported emergency crews inspected the plane and didn't find any smoke or other signs of fire on the aircraft.
No one was injured in the incident.