Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed September 4, 2013
Delta Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Birmingham
A Delta Airlines flight from New Orleans to Atlanta has been diverted to Birmingham because of a report of smoke in the cockpit.
Delta Flight 2234 was just east of Montgomery when pilots aborted the flight plan and made an emergency landing at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. The plane landed safely at about 3 p.m. Television station ABC33/40 reported emergency crews inspected the plane and didn't find any smoke or other signs of fire on the aircraft.
No one was injured in the incident.