Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Tue October 1, 2013
Delays On 1st Day Of Marketplace In Alabama
Alabamians and others around the country are experiencing delays trying to get into the federal government's health insurance marketplace website on its first day.
Visitors are getting messages that the site has lots of visitors or that it is unavailable. At Alabama Arise in Montgomery, executive director Kimble Forrister said he tried to help a woman Tuesday morning and couldn't get through. But he said he expected the website to be busy on the first day to review the insurance plans.
There are other options. Several organizations are holding events around the state to inform the public. Free medical screenings and health coverage information are available Tuesday during a health festival at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Quality of Life Health Services is offering programs Tuesday in Gadsden and Anniston.
Health Overhaul-Alabama Navigators
Politics & Government