Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue December 23, 2003
December 23rd Popular for Travel
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – December 23rd is one of the year's busier travel days. At least 30 Alabama National Guard troops are providing extra security at Alabama's major airports in Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery and Mobile. Experts say those traveling by plane should allow a couple of hours to get through security lines at airports. There are no known terrorist threats against targets in Alabama, but state security officials are urging residents and travelers to be alert. The nation has been under a high terror alert since the weekend. Governor Bob Riley says Alabamians should go about their regular business but keep their eyes and ears open.