Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Business & Education
Tue March 25, 2014
Deadline Near for Disaster Loans in South Alabama
The deadline is approaching in nine south Alabama counties for small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, and most non-profit organizations to apply for federal disaster loans due to the frost and freezing temperatures on March 25-29, 2013.
The Small Business Administration says the deadline is April 14 in Baldwin, Choctaw, Clarke, Conecuh, Covington, Escambia, Mobile, Monroe and Washington counties. The loans are for working capital and can be up to $2 million. The interest rates are 4 percent for eligible small businesses and 2.875 percent for non-profit organizations.