Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Arts & Life
Thu July 3, 2014
Deadline For Gator Hunters Approaching
The deadline for getting a tag to hunt alligators is coming up in Alabama.
The state has been holding regulated hunt for alligators for eight years, and hunters have until July 8 to get a tag for this year. The cost is $22.
The state wildlife agency will issue 240 tags in three zones, and everyone receiving a tag can kill one alligator.
The alligator hunting areas cover much of the southern half of the state, where the reptiles are most common.
The largest number of tags is issued in Baldwin and Mobile counties, plus parts of Clarke, Monroe and Washington counties.
Gator Season Wraps