Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon February 11, 2013
Deadline Coming in Ala., Miss. for Disaster Loans
The federal Small Business Administration says March 11 is the deadline for disaster loan applications from people and businesses in 10 Alabama counties and three Mississippi counties affected by severe storms on Dec. 25-26.
SBA field director Frank Skaggs said low-interest loans of up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate. Loans of up to $40,000 are available to homeowners and renters to replace personal property. Businesses and nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million.
The loan program covers Baldwin, Barbour, Bullock, Coffee, Crenshaw, Dale, Mobile, Montgomery, Pike and Washington counties in Alabama. It covers George, Greene and Jackson counties in Mississippi.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Politics & Government