Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon February 21, 2005
Davis Holds Social Security Forum in Bham
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Congressman Artur Davis is holding a social security forum Monday morning in Birmingham. Meanwhile, officials say Democratic leaders in Washington, D.C. have been turning to Davis recently to help revive the Democratic party in the South. Davis says party members have to get out the message that they have new ideas. Since the beginning of 2005, the Birmingham Democrat has been appointed as a senior deputy whip, as a regional co-chair of the party's efforts to win more House seats, and as a leader of the New Democratic Coalition. That group of moderates was created during the Clinton administration. The Democratic Party has been in the congressional minority for almost 10 years now.