Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri August 9, 2013
Date Changed In Mobile House Seat Special Vote
Gov. Robert Bentley has changed the date of a special primary election for the vacant seat in House District 104 in Mobile County because of a conflict with a local election in Mobile County.
Bentley said Friday the special primary election in District 104 will be Tuesday Oct. 15 instead of Oct. 8 as originally scheduled.
A runoff election, if needed, will be Tuesday, Dec. 3.
If a runoff election is not needed, the general election will be Tuesday, Dec. 10. If a runoff is needed, the general election will be Tuesday, Jan. 28.
District 104 covers areas of Mobile County and became vacant when Rep. Jim Barton resigned earlier this week.