Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Fri August 9, 2013
Date Changed In Mobile House Seat Special Vote
Gov. Robert Bentley has changed the date of a special primary election for the vacant seat in House District 104 in Mobile County because of a conflict with a local election in Mobile County.
Bentley said Friday the special primary election in District 104 will be Tuesday Oct. 15 instead of Oct. 8 as originally scheduled.
A runoff election, if needed, will be Tuesday, Dec. 3.
If a runoff election is not needed, the general election will be Tuesday, Dec. 10. If a runoff is needed, the general election will be Tuesday, Jan. 28.
District 104 covers areas of Mobile County and became vacant when Rep. Jim Barton resigned earlier this week.