Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Mon August 6, 2012
Curiosity Captivates Times Square Crowd
Originally published on Mon August 6, 2012 12:02 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Hundreds of people gathered in Times Square last night to watch NASA TV. The landing of the Mars rover Curiosity was being shown on the big screen - the same screen that displays the countdown on New Year's Eve. Accounts posted to Twitter say that when the rover landed the crowded cheered and chanted, Science, science, science. Where was Ryan Seacrest? Anyway, one person tweeted this is definitely the nerdiest gathering here of all time. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.