Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Cullman Regional Airport
Sat August 31, 2013
Cullman Unveils Finished Airport Rehab Project
The Cullman Regional Airport now has a concrete apron that will better resist damage and hold up to wear.
The board recently launched an improvement program to install a 12,000-square-foot concrete apron, a place where planes can park, unload passengers and cargo, and refuel. The project cost around $1 million.
The airport's manager, Bob Burns, told The Cullman Times that installing the new apron was the largest of four projects.
Local officials received a federal grant to make the work possible.