Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Cullman Regional Airport
Sat August 31, 2013
Cullman Unveils Finished Airport Rehab Project
The Cullman Regional Airport now has a concrete apron that will better resist damage and hold up to wear.
The board recently launched an improvement program to install a 12,000-square-foot concrete apron, a place where planes can park, unload passengers and cargo, and refuel. The project cost around $1 million.
The airport's manager, Bob Burns, told The Cullman Times that installing the new apron was the largest of four projects.
Local officials received a federal grant to make the work possible.